Grandma Fainareti's Cheese Pie
This Greek tyropita varies from the classic recipe using a variety of cheeses including spicy kopanisti. "Kopanisti" in the Greek language is used to describe something that has been beaten. In Kopanisti cheese this refers to its technique of preparation. It is mainly made by cow's milk or sheep's milk or a mixture of both. Kopanisti is a typical cheese from Mykonos.
1 can condensed milk
4 cups water
1 glass fine semolina
3 Tbs butter
½ kg feta cheese
2 Tbs kopanisti cheese
3 Tbs hard, salty cheese
dill to garnish
2 sheets of Kourou pastry
Preheat oven at 200° C.
1. Mix the milk with the water, semolina and butter to form a mush.
2. Cook in a saucepan, stirring continuously.
3. Allow it to cool, add the eggs with the cheese and mix well. The filling is ready.
4. Roll out the pastry and place one sheet on a buttered oven dish.
5. Spread the filling over it and cover it with another sheet of pastry, score, and bake in the oven for about one hour.